13.1.13

The Vagabond Prince: "Disenchanted Forest"

I'm afraid I can't say I'm "enchanted". The fragrance opens with a sort of Kir Royale/winey vibe and boatloads of black currant giving birth to an original accord that while smelling interesting it's far from what I usually like to apply on my skin . Green-ish elements provide nice but not completely successful sweet-and-sour, fruity-fresh facets enhancing, somehow, the sparkling-winey notes. The fragrance then quickly evolves into a woody-resiny oriental which feels a bit formulaic and, in the end, not much intriguing.


I'm a big fan of Duchaufour but I'm afraid I can't compare Enchanted Forest to the huge amont of masterpieces he delivered so far (Mohur, Trayee, Jubilation XXV, several Comme Des Garcons, several L'Artisans...to name only a few). Not bad but far from beng a winner in my book. Sorry.



Rating: 6.5/10

2 comments:

  1. About time I found a review/er with whom I can actually agree with re "Enchanted Forest'. With all the waxing lyrical going on, (on just about EVERY 'fume-blog), I was beginning to think I was the only one 'on the other side of the fence' with this one. - I'm afraid I'm absolutely 100% with you on this one - & your 'rating' is spot on !
    And whilst I do appreciate the rather appropriate black-glass 'berry-ness' of the bottle design. When it comes to the package as a whole, am I really the only one who thinks it's kinda a little too regretfully reminescent of a cheap bygone Avon bottle ?? (Especially so for it's asking price) ? ... I don't now, something is just missing for me, in both jus & look. (Perhaps it looks far better up close & 'in hand' ??)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your kind words, Shnozz. I agree re the overal "cheapness" of the flacon. Maybe "in hand" would feel more elegant...it seems they tried so hard.

    ReplyDelete